After the sunshine today and truly feeling the potential of spring, I couldn’t resist sharing this delicious sangria recipe!
Erin’s Favourite Sangria Recipe!!!
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup of fresh orange juice
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1 bottle red wine – Spanish rioja is traditional but pick your favorite
- ¼ to ½ cup of brandy – depending on your taste
- 1 bottle sparkling water – taste half way through to determine amount
- 1 & ½ cups cut fruit slices – remember they need to fit into a glass so keep the pieces on the small side. Try oranges, lemons, peaches and strawberries – watch limes (use sparingly) as they can be too strong and take over the flavour
Pour and mix all the ingredients in a larger pitcher and let sit for the day together in the fridge, so that the flavours have a chance to meld into a delicious blend. Make sure all the sugar is dissolved before serving, serve over ice in the glass of your choice and enjoy!
***When making a white sangria, it`s probably best to stick with oranges, lemons, limes (just a few) and peaches for the fruit.